How to write a book in WordPress #2
In a previous article, we looked at one way to write a book in WordPress. In this article, we are taking a view.
There are many ways to write a book and publish it. Your choice of platform will depend on many variables. The method we are looking at might be an option for an e-book, which your reader would access through a payment gateway or in return for their email address.
You could be sharing a community book, something for the family, or a how to manual.
They will consume the book through WordPress, rather than on another platform – such as buying an e-book on Kindle.
I would suggest that you start the process by writing your book outside of WordPress and then following this (or a similar) process once it has been proofed.
How to write a book in WordPress – the steps
- Create a page which is the name of your book, add in your cover image and links to your about me page. Add in any other relevant information
- Create a page called index – you will add the links to each page (or past) as you create them
- Add each chapter to a page or create each chapter as a post with categories and tags – how you do this will depend on how you intend to use this and how your reader will access it. I’d suggest you play around and decide what suits you
- Change the page attributes to create a hierarchical structure – this means everything is easy to find and in the right order
- At the bottom of each page (or post) create links to the index, previous and next pages.
- Create links within your content to things like videos, other relevant content, courses, worksheets or book a call.
- Decide how your reader will access this and set that up
This article has been designed to give you an overview of how to write a book in WordPress. There are many other things to consider, such as:
- What are the benefits of writing each chapter as a page or a post?
- How you will protect this content?
- How will the reader access it, free or paid?
- How will the reader consume it?
- Will you provide a PDF download (free or for a fee)?
Over to you, would you write a book in WordPress this way? If yes, why and if not why not?
If writing a book to build your brand and business is
- Something you think you want to do, and then consider this 7-day plan your book challenge.
- A burning desire and you know you need support, then please message me – a chat costs nothing, and we can check out if we are a good working fit
- Definitely on the table, and you’d like to work in a group, then get on the waiting list for write a book, create a business you love
- You can grab a copy of my book Plan your non-fiction book in a weekend on Amazon
10 rules for writing a brilliant book
Enter your details and download your e-book