Kick-start your BIG Book Project with the My Book Exercise
One of the best ways to get connected to writing your book is to try this fun and very simple my book exercise. Try to not think too much, just write. You know that you have a book inside of you, it is just waiting to be unleashed. Imagine how it would feel to know what your next book is – just like that.
My book exercise
Grab yourself a piece of A4 paper and a pen and let’s go!
Fold your paper in half so that it is like a book.
- On the front write TITLE and your NAME
- Inside left write WHAT
- Inside middle write IDEAL READER
- Inside right write WHY
- On the back write BLURB
- Write the title and your name
- Write ONE word that means something to you
- Scribble a picture which means something to you
- Is your book about?
- Is your core message?
- Is the process that leads to the outcome?
Who – Ideal reader
- Who is your ideal reader?
- What does your reader get – the outcome?
- Where do they find themselves?
- What is possible for them?
- How will they know this book is for them?
- Why are you writing this book?
- Why will your reader read it?
Do this in the morning. Put your book under your pillow and sleep on it. In the morning write your pitch.
- Aka your sales pitch
- Put the book under your pillow and sleep on it
- In the morning write the ‘pitch’
- Add in a publication date
What business do you want to create with your book?
- Courses and workshops
When you have done this, take it out with you and share your book with others. This will create accountability and help you to make more sense of your book.
When you want to write a book and need some support
- Please message me – a chat costs nothing, and we can check out if we are a good working fit
- Perhaps you’d like to work in a group, then get on the waiting list for write a book, create a business you love
- You can grab a copy of my book Plan your non-fiction book in a weekend on Amazon
Write your BIG Book
Enter your details and download your e-book