Kick start your BIG book project with the perfect day exercise
Each month I start with a perfect day exercise. As a long term journaler, I believe in the power of the pen and the power of envisioning what you want through expressing my desires on paper. One of the keys to a perfect day is to write it as if it were already true.
When I write about my perfect day I like to have meditated and journaled so that whatever needs to come out can and I am a clean slate and an open channel for what I need to express.
I place my trust in what needs to be written rather than forcing it. This quote comes to mind as I consider my perfect day.
You’re not always going to have a perfect day. You’re not always going to have the day that you envision.Baker Mayfield
With the best will in the world these things don’t always come off, because not everything we want is what we need. And, of course, stuff happens that takes us off course. However, by writing about your day and allowing your imagination to play and be creative you are opening up to opportunities that you may otherwise miss in your busy life.
Affirm your perfect day
Today I am enjoying envisioning my perfect day
Write about your perfect day. Write it as if it were already here. When you have written it, leave it for a day to reflect. It is important that you bring this activity alive and make your experience of your perfect day as rich as possible.
Perfect day questions
- How does your perfect day start?
- Who are you with?
- What can you see, hear and feel?
- What happens next?
- Where are you going?
- What will happen when you get there?
- What do you want to create?
- Who will enjoy what you create?
- What are you working on?
- How does that fill your heart?
- How does it fit with your goals, desires and intentions?
- What is the best thing about your perfect day?
- How does it end?
- How do you feel as the day draws to an end?
What do you want to achieve this month?
My perfect day also shows me what goals I want to achieve for that month which helps me to focus on the actions I need to take. I make sure I check in with my heart, gut and head when it comes to planning out that action.
Your action plan
After refection pick the project that you are going to work on and write up an action plan with tasks, milestones, resources and rewards.
What is the first thing that you are going to do? And the next and the next? What can you get done today that will make this a reality?
Remember that this needs to align with your brand and business, unless this is a personal project.
Kick start your BIG book project
If having a book is on your to do list, then today is the perfect day to envision it and put those kick start plans into place.
I have another Writing to Heal book that I want to write and today is the day that I map out the outline, I’ve seen it come alive and I have also put aside time to write.
The first thing,
Questions for the perfect day exercise for your book
- Why do I want to write a book?
- What will this book do for my life, brand and business?
- Who do I want to read my book?
- What story am I sharing in my book?
- What process will I take my ideal reader through?
- What outcome will my ideal reader get when they read my book?
- How will this book support me, my life and my business?
The right book visualisation
Often when you are trying to find the right book you get in your own way and then all that happens is your brain gives you false information.
This visualisation will help you to tap into a deeper part of you so that you can discover the right book. Enjoy!
When you have listened to the visualisation do the perfect day exercise for your book and you will find the book and then you can start to plan it out.
What book will you write? Please come and share.
How can you make your book a reality?
When you want to write a book and need some support
- Please message me – a chat costs nothing, and we can check out if we are a good working fit
- Perhaps you’d like to work in a
group,and get your book planned in 30 days?
- You can grab a copy of my book Plan your non-fiction book in a weekend on Amazon